.

 

 

Sunday, November 16, 2008

...

me: so yeah, basically, i want to write a realist piece, set in a fantastical but real environment

him:nice nice, i like it. nic.

me: and the whole narrative of the piece is centered around dealing with death. the location will be a forest, but due to the climate, the leaves are left perpetually red and gold, in contrast to a thin layer of frost that covers the ground.

him: nice, yeah nice. i like it. do you know that forests are used in a lot of childrens stories?

me: yes, they are
him: they are rooted deep within a persons subconcious...

me: i suppose so yes.

him: do you want to do writing as a career?

me: i did, but i understand that the chances of being successful are pretty slim

him: yes. don't do it. what do you want to do?

me: well i was considering teaching.

him: don't bother.

me: why not?

him: well, i tell this to all of my students. move away when you finish university.

me: well i was considering moving to america.

him: move to australia.

me: what?

him: australia. not america.

me: well i also though canada might be nice.

him: no. go to austalia, not canada.

me:why?

him: (staring and not blinking) australia is better.

me: well i do have relatives there...

him: where do they live?

me: perth

him: but that's on the other side...

me 0_0

him: i know things.

me: what?

him: legislations are going to be passed within the next year, meaning that all calls will be logged for a year, and all internet sites visited will also be logged.

me: oh really?

him: yes. did you hear about that two year old nigerian girl that got abused and died?

me:no

him: it wasn't well publicised.

me: oh..ok

him: she died because social services failed to act, and it is an excuse for this legislation to be passed, not even from our own government, but from the Europian Union.

me: o...k

him: sometimes i think i'm just turning into one of those crazy conspiracy nuts, frothing at the mouth

me:..hehe yeah

him o_o but i can show you the legislation. i can quote it word for word. look *quotes the exact legislation*

me:oh....

him: it's happening. just like in 1984.

me: my dad believes things like that. usually i just laugh him off

him: YOUR DAD IS RIGHT

me: ok

him: leave the country, before it's too late, you know we're entering a recession? have you ever lived through a recession?

me: not that i remember

him: there was one in the early 90s. lots of businesses closed down. that was fun. i really wouldn't want to be a student coming out of uni into a recession.

me: so moving away would help with my debts?

him: oh no...they'll find you.


(rest of the conversation was just as weird but i dont remember what we talked about. i was a little freaked out.

posted by jameswinterton @ 11:13 pm  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home